Activities include research and development in the field of optical communications with a focus on digital signal processing, coded modulation, and telemetry. This includes the study and development of methods for cross-layer optimization in optical communication networks, involving the physical laver as well as control and management layers. You will also design and execute experiments and supporting numerical studies. In addition, the tasks include the presentation of R&D results in the form of project reports, presentations, and journal articles, as well as the supervision of Master's and Bachelor's theses. There is an opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree.
- Successfully completed university degree (master, diplom or equivalent) of electrical engineering, communications engineering or related fields.
- Very good knowledge of optical communications
- Experience in characterization and modeling of optical communication systems.
- Experience in programming with Matlab and/or C/C++
- Experience with software development and version control software such as Gitlab
- Fluent in English
- Good German language skills or the willingness to learn them
- Team player with a structured approach and the ability to independently develop ideas for new research activities
The following additional knowledge would be positive:
- Good knowledge of DSP algorithms for digital coherent transmission.
- Experience with VPIphotonics / VPItransmissionMaker
How to apply:
Please send your application with the reference number
and the usual documents (one file max. 5 MB) only via email
to Prof. Dr. Freund: email@example.com
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: https://www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung/
or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.